Biogranular is an Oil Absorbent Granules, oil sorbent, manufactured from high quality, vegetable based granular sorbents. The manufacturing process produces a product which becomes both oleophilic ( absorbing hydrocarbons ) and hydrophobic ( water-repelling ). Oil Absorbent Granules absorbs hydrocarbons quickly on contact by virtue of its wicking action and encapsulates oil on contact. Absorbs oil but not water so can be used on water or on dry surfaces. This makes Oil Absorbent Granules ideal for hydrocarbon clean up; both on open water as well as land applications. Oil Absorbent Granules is a lightweight, nonbiodegradable product that absorbs or encapsulates hydrocarbons on contact rather than absorbing the oil through surface tension.
- Oil Absorbent Granules can Absorbs Up to 8-12 Times Its Weight, Cost-efficient absorbing of liquids.
- Hydrophobic, Repels water to selectively absorb only petroleum and other related fluids.
- Floatation, Oil Absorbent Granules can float on top of the water for at least 51 days.
- Organic, 100% natural, non-toxic and biodegradable absorbent
- Biodegradation, Enhances biodegrading of certain hydrocarbons into harmless byproducts.
- Oil Absorbent Granules are Economical, Generate much lower volumes of waste than competitive products.
- Oil Absorbent Granules are Easy To Use, No specialized training or equipment, just open and apply.
- Versatile, Applied on any surface type, land or water, and absorbs the widest variety of liquids when compared to traditional absorbents.
- Flammability, Does not ignite instantly when exposed to heat or flame, in fact, it is difficult to establish a smolder.
- Oil Absorbent Granules are Non-Leaching, Holds onto the absorbed liquid less dripping mess in clean up.
- Vapor Suppressive, Reduces flammable vapors by 90%.
- Quick Wicking Speed, Reducing downtime for cleanup.
- Low Abrasion, Contains no silica.
- Low Ash Content, Leaves Only 2% Ash Residue When Incinerated.
- Superior Retention, Liquids are held tightly to prevent the recurrence of the spill.
- Universal product tested on 160 pollutants ( all types of hydrocarbons, paints, herbicides, pesticides, acids, blood, animals greases )