The MARPOL Convention is the main international convention covering prevention of pollution of the marine environment by ships from operational or accidental causes. It is a combination of two treaties adopted in 1973 and 1978 respectively and updated by amendments through the years.
The Convention includes regulations aimed at preventing and minimizing pollution from ships – both accidental pollution and that from routine operations – and currently includes six technical Annexes.
MARPOL 73/78 Annex I Regulations for the prevention of pollution by Oil and petroleum-driven wastes ( Bilge, Sludge, Slop, Waste oil, Polluted balast etc.)
MARPOL 73/78 Annex IV Regulations for the prevention of pollution by sewage and wastewater.
MARPOL 73/78 Annex V Regulations for the prevention of pollution by garbage and trash. Governments are required to ensure the provision of adequate reception facilities at ports and terminals for the reception of MARPOL 73/78 Annex IIV, V.
Mavi Deniz design unique MARPOL CAT waste collection vessel for MARPOL 73/78 requirements to collect wastes from (other ships includes Passanger, Cruiser Ships, Cargo Vessels and Oil/Chemical Tankers) round the clock and time saving while waiting at anchorage, during bunkering or just for disposing waste.
- Marpol Waste Collection Vessel is based on a robust steel hull.
- Marpol Waste Collection Vessel has Twin Engines.
- Hydraulic knuckle crane to assist in equipment handling operations.
- Debris / Garbage reception & storage
- Oily water reception. ( sludge, slop, bilge, sewage, dirty ballast water & oily waste liquids )
- Sewage Treatment Systems & Oily Water Separator Systems
- Fire Fighting
- Accommodation with cabin for crew, WC & Bathroom or a workshop can be provided.
WASTES TYPES COLLECTED FROM VESSELS
1 ) Oil and oil delivered wastes under the scope of Marpol 73/78 Annex-I which arise due to normal activities of vessels;
- Bilge : percolating water and oily waste water formed in machine and auxiliary machine subtanks of vessels, coffer-dams, warehouses or similar sections of the vessel.
- Sludge: Sludge composed of residue and/or oily sediments formed in engine rooms, fuel tanks of vessels or cargo tanks of oil tankers.
- Slop : Including tank washing water formed due to washing of the cargo tanks of vessels, oily water wastes accumulated in slop tanks.
- Dirty Ballast: Ballast water that cases appearance of oil, oil derived stains or oil stains above water or at the coast line or that creates color changes above or under water or causes accummulation of soild materials/emulsion in suspension when released from the vessel to water.
- Waste oil: Dirty oils that lost its nature after used by main machine and auxiliary machines in the vessel.Solid sludge: Oil sludge solidified at the bottom of oil tank of the vessel.
2 ) Waste water/sewage under the scope of Marpol 73/78 Annex-IV: Sewage: wastes from toilets, urinals and toilet scuppers, liquid wastes from lavabo, scuppers and basins in infirmary, dispensary and hospitals, discharge from areas where there are live animals or other waste waters mixing with these.
3 ) Garbage/trash wastes under the scope of Marpol 73/78 Annex-V: Trash : municipal and operational solid waste waters formed due to normal operation of the vessel and under the scope of marpol 73/78 annex-V.
- Category-1 : plastic
- Category-2 : floating; piling tools, coating or packaging materials
- Category-3 : grinded; paper products, scraps, glass, metal, bottles
- Category-4 : paper products, scraps, glass, metal, bottles, pottery
- Category-5 : food wastes
- Category-6 : kiln ashes excluding the ones composed of heavy metal wastes or toxic plastic products
We design one of the most modern waste collecting vessels in the world. Despite this, we still continue to develop and improve MARPOL CAT floating slops reception and treatment vessels.
With Chain Net
Siling Type Weight
|0.5 x 1.0 m||50||22||110||32||6||64||133|
|0.6 x 1.0 m||50||25||120||36||8||74||135|
|0.7 x 1.5 m||50||45||150||55||17||137|
|1.0 x 1.5 m||50||73||200||98||32||182|
|1.0 x 2.0 m||50||88||220||113||45||257|
|1.2 x 2.0 m||50||131||320||156||63||297|
|1.3 x 2.5 m||50||200||350||240||102||427|
|1.5 x 3.0 m||50||250||530||290||153||579|
|1.7 x 3.0 m||50||290||580||330||191||679|
|2.0 x 3.5 m||50||405||960||465||308||875|
|2.5 x 4.0 m||50||902||1240||1080||663||1381|
|2.5 x 5.5 m||50||1090||1850||1320||943||2019|
|3.3 x 4.5 m||50||1460||1710||1840||1175||1884|
|3.3 x 6.5 m||50||1870||2570||2250||1814||3015|
|3.3 x 10 m||50||2560||4660||3060||3067||5257|
|4.5 x 9.0 m||50||3940||5390||-||4752||5747|
|4.5 x 12 m||50||4790||6990||-||6473||7984|