The MINI CAT, Oil Spill Recovery Vessel which is an extremely innovative vessel, works in ports, canals, bays, marinas, lakes, canals, shipyards and along the coast carrying out the following services:
- Collection, storage and discharging of floating and semisubmerged macropollutants (seaweed, plastic, plants, cans, wood, vegetation, etc.)
- Collection of oils and hydrocarbon products;
- Fire-fighting and quay cleaning operations using a water cannon positioned on deck;
- Removal of foam and surface films.
Oil Spill Recovery Vessel is designed to be used in limited spaces and in shallow water, areas where larger vessels with the same operational abilities are unable to operate. Oil Spill Recovery Vessel has excellent marine qualities and is also able to maintain a high level of efficiency in open sea. The catamaran hull accentuates the flow of water towards the inner side of the vessel where vacuum propeller positioned behind the collection basket creates an aspiration flow. The aspiration vacuum propeller is oleodynamically operated directly from the wheelhouse. The collection basket can be regulated according to the trim in order to optimize its functionality. A turbine pulls a stream of water through a tank with a mesh to filter out solid waste.
The stream is then separated into two:
- First Stream: the turbine pumps away the clean water.
- Second Stream: surface water, polluted with oil and hydrocarbons is channeled into a hydrocarbon separator, where the hydrocarbons are held floating.
MAVI DENIZ is a market leader / world’s largest producer in the design and manufacture of multi – purpose ecological anti pollution work boats. MAVI DENIZ Inland & Sheltered Waters OSRV, MINI CAT can be seen in use all over the world