Mavi Deniz, Rope Mop Oil Skimmer is a fibrillated polypropylene yarn that is oleophillic and hydrophobic. Basically that whilst it rejects the absorption of water it attracts all oils and floating chemicals.
Rope Mop Oil Skimmer’s fabric is constructed in a way that creates the maximum amount of surface area which in turn creates a massive recovery capability, through adsorption and retention of oil and floating chemicals.
The E-Series Rope Mop Oil Skimmer is ideal of recovery of light, medium and emulsified oils in rivers, swamps and other inland waters.
Long lengths of Rope Mop Oil Skimmer can be used enabling oil some distance from the wringer unit to be collected. As the mop system is oleophilic ( oil attracting ) system only a small percentage of water is picked up with the oil.
Attracts all oils and floating chemicals.Rejects water. Is not affected by floating debris on the water surface. Can be made in any length required. Can be made ready looped or open ended. Is available in 4”, 6” 9” Widths or a special wide version is made to produce the mop net. Has two different types – Black Mop for heavy oils and and white mop for light oils and medium viscosity oils. Is hugely diverse in its use
- Rope Mop Oil Skimmer, Ideal for operations in ports, harbors, inland and coastal where a quick response is required.
- Pick up very little free water even in oil film thicknesses below 5mm.
- Incorporate a special Oil / Water seperator, oil collection tank avoiding the need to store unwanted free water.
- The small amount of free water picked up is returned immediately into the oil contaminated area.
- Do not need pumps, the recovered oil is normally gravity fed away.
- Can be left running 24 hours each day, 7 days per week if required.
- Can be left for long periods unattended.
- Floating guide pulley
- Larger oil sumps
- Automatic offloading pumps
- Lever sensor switches
- Aauto shut downs
|SPI 1700||SPI 1500||SPI 1200||SPI 1000||SPI 800||SPI 500|
|Application Area||High Sea||Offshore||Offshore||Offshore||Harbour||River|
|Overall Height||1700 mm||1500 mm||1200 mm||1000 mm||800 mm||500 mm|
|Freeboard||600 mm||500 mm||500 mm||400 mm||350 mm||200 mm|
|Draft||1100 mm||1000 mm||1000 mm||600 mm||450 mm||300 mm|
|Section Length||25 / 50 / 100 mt||25 / 50 / 100 mt||25 / 50 / 100 mt||25 / 50 m||25 / 50 mt||25 / 50 mt|