Mavi Deniz was inaugurated in early 2000 with two primary considerations- care of the marine environment and successful ship-owning activities.
In this respect, the Group has successfully implemented the concept of Floating Slops Reception Facilities, as per MARPOL 73/78.
The Mavi Deniz’s facility is conveniently positioned at the Marmara Sea, the Aegean Sea, Mediterranean Sea Area, providing the waste reception facility for ports/passing vessels either inbound or outbound, offering complete services on a 24-hour basis.
Marpol 73/78, waste management, marine environment, hazardous waste, waste disposal, soil remediation, bilge waters, bilge water, sludge, receiving slope, and dirty ballast water.
MARPOL 73/78 Convention includes a set of regulations aimed at preventing pollution of the sea from ships. At the moment, there are six different Annexes with regulations dealing with a different aspect of marine pollution as outlined below:
- Annex I – Oil pollution (crude oil, fuel oil)
- Annex II – Noxious liquid substances carried in bulk pollution
- Annex III – Harmful substances carried in packaged form pollution
- Annex IV – Sewage pollution
- Annex V – Garbage pollution
This maximizes efficiency and reduces the cost and time delay to an absolute minimum.
- Receiving & treatment bilge waters / sludge / slope / garbage
- Documentary of waste certification
- Recycle services
For receiving slope, sludge, bilge waters, dirty ballast water, and garbage with our licenses trucks and vessels from ports/ships includes passengers, Cruiser Ships, Cargo Vessels, and Oil/Chemical Tankers in the Worldwide.
We can provide waste management services wherever hazardous waste is produced :
- Oil Refineries
- Chemical industries
- Food industries
- Military Facilities
- Storage facilities
- Public organizations
We always advise to the priority philosophy of waste management, which is, firstly, the prevention or reduction of waste production and its harmfulness and secondly, the recovery of waste utilizing recycling, re-use or reclamation or any other process to extract secondary raw materials or the use of waste as a source of energy.
Marpol 73/78, waste management, marine environment, hazardous waste, waste disposal, soil remediation, bilge waters, bilge water, removal, sludge, receiving slope, dirty ballast water.
In this respect, Mavi Deniz receives all liquid and solid wastes to the Municipal Landfill & Recycling Establishments by our exclusive license trucks. During the last decade, an amount of approximately 1.000 tons of waste have been lead to:
Marpol 73/78, waste management, marine environment, hazardous waste, waste disposal, soil remediation, bilge waters, bilge water, disposal, sludge, receiving slope, dirty ballast water, Incineration,
- Physicochemical treatment
- Specially engineered landfill
- Recycling/reclamation of metals and metal compounds
- Oil re-refining
- Use principally as a fuel to generate energy.
- Recycling/reclamation of organic and inorganic materials
The services offered by Mavi Deniz’s Waste Management Dept. are :
- Total Waste Management Plans
- Management – Shipments of hazardous waste within Turkey
- Issuance of all the necessary permits for the waste management
- Soil remediation
- Waste destruction and reduction by shredding
- Complete Logistic Plan – Final Disposal Certificate of waste
- Sale of equipment and materials required for waste management.